Transitional Occupational Therapy Doctorate Program
Courses are taught 100% online to accommodate for the working professional.
The transitional doctorate is the post-professional degree for the licensed occupational therapist. Students in this category have at least one year clinical experience as a licensed occupational therapist. New graduates from an occupational therapy program with a license to practice as an occupational therapist in the US may also be considered for the program. However, the new graduates must apply to the program within one year following the completion of their occupational therapy program. The objectives for the transitional occupational therapy doctorate are as follows:
- Produce a post-professional graduate in occupational therapy that can practice in a variety of clinical settings that may include direct access.
- Produce a lifelong learner that is committed to updating their knowledge and skills.
- Develop a post-professional occupational therapist that caters to the current societal needs.
- Enhance the allied health field in the local community by providing them with quality graduates.
The Transitional Occupational Therapy Doctorate (t-OTD) is designed to provide post-professional education to practicing occupational therapists. It is the goal of the program to prepare graduates with evidence base practice methods that will advance the profession of occupational therapy. Administrative, teaching skills and advanced clinical practices will be included.
Specific Admissions Requirements
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Occupational Therapy from accredited program by Commission on Occupational Therapy Education (foreign trained individuals must have degree evaluated by an approved agency)
- Current valid license to practice Occupational Therapy
- Foreign Educated Applicants: TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) scores of 550 or better, credentials evaluated by approved transcript evaluator, and legal right to live in the United States if living in the US(must show proof)
The t-OTD program also offers one Emphasis Track that allows students to have a concentration in the specialty area of Academics. However, a student may choose to enter the t-OTD program without conferring a degree with a concentration in the Emphasis Track. The following degrees are possible from the t-OTD program:
Programs and Course Outline (click program title)
Total Program Credits
Transitional Occupational Therapy Doctorate with Academic Emphasis Track Degree offered 100% on-line